As a non-profit organization, we represent the interests of our members in all matters relating to rented housing.
Since 1900, we have been committed to improving tenants' rights and a social housing policy. With approx. 30.000 members, DMB-Mieterverein Stuttgart und Umgebung e.V. is the only recognized interest group for all tenants in and around Stuttgart.
Tenants' associations have a long tradition in Germany. This is because Germany has a much higher proportion of rental housing than comparable countries. In fact, 72% of Stuttgart residents are renters. Germany has comprehensive tenancy laws. Your tenants' association will help you enforce your comprehensive rights.
We offer our members:
- Immediately after joining, you will receive advice and assistance from tenancy law experts as often as you need it.
- Our advisors will handle correspondence with the landlord or his representative for you free of charge.
- If it is necessary to enforce your rights, we offer to cover legal costs as part of our legal protection policy. The prerequisite for this is that an amicable settlement was first pursued with the support of the association and that the legal action has a high probability of success. Legal costs will only be covered if the event giving rise to the claim occurred no earlier than three months after joining the tenants' association. There is a deductible of 200 €, which is reduced to 100 € after 5 years of membership.
- Our energy consultant will check your heating and hot water costs free of charge and give you valuable energy-saving tips.
- For evidence purposes, our architects will prepare an expert opinion on the condition of your apartment for a small fee, or accompany you during apartment handovers.
- Every two months, you will receive our tenant newspaper with useful information on current case law and many practical tips on tenancy and housing law.
- You will receive our newsletter regularly by e-mail.
- Information sheets on tenancy law topics can be obtained from us.
How much does membership cost:
The membership fee is 108 € per year for the first two calendar years. After that it is reduced to 96 €.
The duration of the membership is at least 2 years. Notice of termination at the end of a calendar year must be received by September 30.
You can apply for membership online or by letter. You can find the forms here .
We will advise you in German and represent you on your behalf in German as well.
We welcome you to the DMB-Mieterverein Stuttgart und Umgebung e.V.! Protect yourself and your rights by becoming a member.